This is a FREE Bereavement Support Service that is being provided by our BAMEStream alliance member Nafsiyat Intercultural Therapy Centre. They offer therapeutic support in over 20 different languages and is committed to providing Covid-19 bereavement support to people from Black, Asian and other minority ethnic (BAME) communities.
Who we will support
Anyone aged 18 and over who identifies as Black, Asian or any other Minoritised Ethnicity who has been affected by the death of a loved one due to Covid-19, and is registered with a GP in England.
What we will provide
Nafsiyat will provide FREE culturally competent brief emotional online support to anyone from a Black, Asian or other Minority Ethnic background experiencing bereavement and loss due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
THIS WILL CONSIST OF THREE INDIVIDUAL ONLINE OR TELEPHONE BEREAVEMENT SUPPORT SESSIONS
The pandemic has had a devastating impact on our communities and has been felt in painfully unique ways by the Black, Asian and other Minority Ethnic Communities.
- Of not being able to say goodbye.
- The impact of suppressing longstanding distinct bereavement rituals within these communities.
- The Isolation, loneliness and the anger felt at the structural inequities implicated in the Covid deaths.
- Of not being able to celebrate the deceased person’s life and the impact of this on daily functioning.
The FREE online bereavement support sessions at Nafsiyat will provide a space designed to enable reflection and to consider support options. The three sessions of brief emotional online support will provide:
- A space to be heard, listened to and to access information that can help you understand what you’re going through.
- Suggest and discuss some practical steps to help manage your day to day living tasks.
- Support you to engage with appropriate emotional and practical support networks.
All Nafsiyat practitioners work in a culturally competent way and have been enhanced DBS checked.
Making a referral
The easiest way to get help from the service is to make a referral online. This will open a secure web page where you can enter your details. Nafsiyat Intercultural Therapy Centre will then make contact you within a few days of receiving your referral.
We also have a downloadable referral form that can be completed and sent to us via email (details are provided on the form). If you are unable to complete the referral by email, this can be made over the phone instead.
Nafsiyat Intercultural Therapy – 020 7263 6947